Call for applications for the prestigious and amazing Harvard University Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program 2019. The duration of the Crossroads Summer Program is one week and it will be held in Dubai. No IELTS/TOEFL is required for the online application and there is no application fee of the Dubai Crossroads summer exchange program.
The Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program was inaugurated in 2017 as a joint effort between the Harvard Business School Club of the GCC, HBS Professors Tarun Khanna and Karim Lakhani, and The Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute at Harvard University.
The Program is a prestigious and a fully-funded career development opportunity for students from across the world, who are the first member of their family—or the first generation within their family—to attend university and facing challenges of financial and social circumstances. Following a rigorous multi-stage evaluation process, exceptional students are selected from a diverse applicant pool to take part in this unique educational experience.
The ultimate aim of the Crossroads Program is to create a diverse pipeline of future graduate students at leading universities, such as Harvard, and future leaders from across an array of social-economic, racial and cultural backgrounds. Click here for the Complete Application Guide of Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program.
Harvard University Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program 2019 Details:
- Dubai International Financial Centre, Dubai
- One Week
- No Application Fee
- The program will cover the costs of international travel from select locations, board, lodging, and class materials.
Note: Visa costs are the responsibility of selected candidates.)
Here is a Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program 2018 Video:
To be eligible for Round 1, Participants:
- Must be from Central Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America, and the United States.
- Must be between 18-24 years old.
- Must hold a passport or national document* from a country in Central Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and the United States (Note: any existing and official proof of nationality will suffice at this stage. Please refer to our extensive Frequently Asked Questions page for further details.)
- Must be the first member of their family—or the first generation within their family—to attend university.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate university program or a recent graduate from a university within the last three years.
- Must be facing challenges of financial and social circumstances.
- Must be fluent in English.
Successful candidates from Round One will be invited to apply to Round Two of the Crossroads Program.
To be eligible for Round 2, Participants:
- Must submit a PDF copy of their existing and valid passport with at least 7 months validity as of March 25, 2020, until the expiration date. (Note: USA nationals are not eligible for the in-person segment of the Crossroads Program held in Dubai)
- Must reside in or be able to travel to an Air Arabia destination city at their own expense. A full list of Air Arabia destination cities can be found here.
- Must submit an updated one-page Resume (PDF file format).
- Must submit an official or unofficial academic transcript showing the candidate’s grades (PDF file format).
- Must submit a personal statement of 600 words or less describing their interest in pursuing this program. How to write a Person Statement. Check this personal statement written for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship.
- Must submit two letters of recommendation uploaded directly into the online application form. All recommendation letters must be in English and saved in PDF format. Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for more details.
- Must submit a recent passport photo (dimensions: 2 x 2 inches / 51mm x 51mm) with a white background to expedite UAE visa processing.
How to Apply for Harvard University Summer School 2019?
To apply for the Crossroads Program, you will need to first create an XID account, then complete an online application through CARAT. To begin the application process, please follow the visual instructions by clicking the button below. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours to access your CARAT account once you have registered for your XID. Ensure you allow at least 48 hours to complete your application.
If you are facing in filling the application form, Here is the Complete Application Guide “ How to Apply for Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program“.
- The last date to apply for Harvard University Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program 2019-20 is Septmeber 30, 2019, at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Deadline is September 30, 2019