The International Research & Exchanges (IREX) is currently announced Community Solution Program USA and accepting application for the 2018-2019.
The Community Solutions Program (CSP) is a one year long professional development program. This program is for those people who are working to improve their communities by addressing issues related to the environment, tolerance and conflict resolution, transparency and accountability, and women and gender.
Community Solution Program USA details:
The program includes:
- Four-month Fellowship in the United States
- Community Leadership Institute
- Community-based initiatives
- The candidates between 25-38 years of age can apply for CSP
- Must be living or working in a home country (Individuals with refugee status working on behalf of their home community may be given special consideration)
- 2 years of experience required in the community development (Full-time, Part-time employee, or Volunteer)
- Currently is not attending any program in US.
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be available to travel to US from Aug to Dec.
- Must not be a permanent resident of US
- Must be Eligible to get J-1 Visa
- Committed to return to home country for two years
The program covers the cost of most expenses associated with:
- J-1 visa support;
- Round-trip travel from participants’ home city to the US;
- Monthly allowance to cover housing, meals, and other living expenses while in the US; and
- Accident and sickness insurance.
Eligible countries by region:
- Africa: Botswana, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Ghana, Guinea, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- East Asia and the Pacific: Burma, Cambodia, Federated States of Micronesia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam.
- Europe: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey, and Ukraine.
- Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, and West Bank/Palestinian Territories.
- South and Central Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
- Western Hemisphere: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Jamaica, Paraguay, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, and Uruguay.
Application Instructions: Application must be submitted online at https://oas.irex.org/csp
Application Deadline: October 31, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. EDT
List of US Scholarships: