Applications are invited for Commonwealth Scholarships for UK citizens to study PhD in eight universities of New Zealand. Universities New Zealand – Te Pōkai Tara has invited the CSC to nominate eight candidates for Commonwealth Scholarships for doctoral study in New Zealand starting in early 2019.
- New Zealand
The following universities in New Zealand are offering to fund one Commonwealth Scholarship each at varying values:
- Auckland University of Technology
- Lincoln University
- Massey University
- University of Auckland
- University of Canterbury
- University of Otago
- University of Waikato
- Victoria University of Wellington
- PhD Programs
- Each of the scholarships is funded by the host university and is fully funded.
To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- Be a UK citizen (applicants with dual New Zealand/UK citizenship are ineligible)
- Have at least an upper second class honours undergraduate degree (by the time you take up your scholarship)
- Must not already be registered for a PhD at any New Zealand university
- Have thoroughly researched the research programmes and the supervisory capabilities in the departments and faculties of your preferred universities in New Zealand and be able to demonstrate that you have made contact with, and can show some degree of support from, a potential doctoral supervisor.
- Fully informed of the financial basis of the award being offered by the university
- An indication that you have received an offer of a place at your preferred New Zealand university would assist the assessment process but is not mandatory
Please visit official website for more details about the criteria, courses, term and conditions and funding.
- The deadline for Commonwealth Scholarships for UK citizens in New Zealand 2019 31 July 2018 at 5pm (BST).