Civic Hackathon 2018 is a flagship event and the most anticipated annual event of Code For Pakistan.
Code for Pakistan brings the biggest and most exciting Hackathon of the year ‘Civic Hackathon 2018’ happening in Islamabad on second weekend of December 2018
Code For Pakistan is a non-profit building a non-partisan civic innovation ecosystem to improve quality of life across Pakistan.
They believe that digital technology, when used correctly, can both improve governance and open new channels for citizens to more meaningfully engage in the public sphere and have a positive impact on their communities.
Through the creation of open source technology to address civic needs, we aim to transform civic life by increasing civic engagement, encouraging the opening of government data, and supporting innovation in the public domain.
Go, utilize your talent and creative skills in transforming Pakistan in line with 5 of the selected SDGs for the better.
- Code For Pakistan
Code For Pakistan’s Mission:
- Trust in civic institutions is eroding, and too many of our fellow citizens view government as bureaucratic, corrupt, and inefficient — or worse, as something that stifles progress rather than as a potential force for good.
- Collaboration between citizen tech developers and domain experts in local governments can address civic needs and enhance civic life. This starts to reframe the relationship between local government and citizens, which is essential if the two are to live together smartly. Toward a progressive Pakistan!
- 2.5 Days
- 7-9 December
Selected SDGs for participants to focus their projects and solutions on are:
- Good Health and Well Being
- Quality Education
- Gender Equality
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- During this weekend, you will learn design thinking, open-source hacking for social good, receive mentoring and input from domain experts in government and local organizations, have opportunities to network, and work in teams to create solutions — all for free.
- You will form teams to create prototypes that address civic and social problems in line with the Sustainable Development Goals initiative of the UN. All you need to do is bring your creativity, skills, and enthusiasm! They at Code for Pakistan will do the rest. They will bring together great mentors to assist you. There will be lots of energy and excitement through creative activities. Not to mention a lot of food and swag.
If you believe you:
- Have a great idea that you want to bring to reality.
- Like working with intelligent people.
- Have skills in web or mobile development, design, mapping, data analysis, research, subject matter expertise in SDGs or the civic space.
- Have what it takes to innovate on top of government information and services.
How to Apply for Civic Hackathon 2018?
Register for FREE by clicking on Apply Now button below.
Deadline is not given on official page. Apply as soon as possible.