Applications are invited for the Chinese Government Scholarship 2019 at Nanjing University. This is a fully funded Chinese Scholarship and is open to international students who want to pursue their Masters or Doctoral Degree from Nanjing University.
Chinese Government Scholarship is a scholarship set up by the Chinese government to facilitate students and scholars from all over the world to conduct their study and research at Chinese universities. The scholarship aims to increase the mutual understanding and friendship, to develop the communication and cooperation between China and the rest of the world in the field of education, technology, culture and economics.
Nanjing University was founded in 1902, is well-known for its strong academic portfolio and outstanding professors. In fact,Nanjing University is one of the top 5 universities in China under the direct supervision of the Chinese Ministry of Education.
Chinese Government Scholarship 2019 Details:
- Nanjing University
- 3 years for Master’s Programs
- 3 to 4 years for PhD Programs
Fields of Study:
The Scholarship in China will cover:
- Allowance: Grantees will be provided with a monthly stipend of RMB 3,000 and RMB 3,500 for master’s degree students and PhD degree students, respectively.
- Tuition: Tuition will be waived.
- Health Insurance: A health insurance will be provided to the grantee by CSC for the entire duration of his/her scholarship.
- Accommodation: A free accommodation will be provided to a grantee in the International Dormitory of the University for the entire duration of the scholarship.
- Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens and be healthy both physically and mentally.
- Academic Background and age limit:
- Applicants for a master’s degree must have acquired their bachelor degrees, and should not be older than 35.
- Applicants for a PhD degree must have acquired their master degrees, and should not be older than 40.
- For the graduates to obtain their degrees in 2019, they should submit a pre-graduation certificate to guarantee that they have the competence to complete their study and acquire the degree by July of 2019.
- Applicants must be willing to learn Chinese.If the application is successful, students should accept education in Chinese language and pass the test for Chinese language level assessment in the required period.
- Students who have been granted other Chinese scholarships or funding （2019-2020） are not eligible for this scholarship.
How to Apply Chinese Government Scholarship 2019 at Nanjing University?
Since 2019, applicants should make two online applications: one on the CSC website and the other at NJU’s China International Student Service System, and then post a hard copy of their application materials to the Institute for International Students, NJU. The specific procedure is as follows.
- Register and apply at the CSC website (http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/). After filling in the online application form (for Agency No., please fill in “10284”; for Programme Type, please choose “B”), please click the “submit ” button and print out the application form.
- Register and apply at NJU’s China International Student Service System (http://istudy.nju.edu.cn/ ). After filling in the online application form (for the programme type, please choose “CSC Scholarship”), please click the “submit ” button, print out the application form, and sign on it.
- Post a hard copy of the following documents to the scholarship coordinator (address below) of Nanjing University before the deadline. The submitted documents will not be returned.
- Printed CSC Scholarship Application Form;
- Printed Application Form for Foreign Students to NJU with a signature;
- Two original copies of the academic transcripts (an English translation is also required if the transcripts are neither in Chinese nor in English);
- Two copies of the certificate of your highest diploma (an English translation is required if the diploma is neither in Chinese nor in English);
- Two recommendation letters from the professors of the school you last attended;
- Copy of the new HSK test certificate;
- Detailed proposal for study and research in China;
- List of papers published in professional or scientific journals & copies of representative papers or abstracts of articles (no more than 3 copies);
- Medical certificate(南京大学外国人体格检查记录.doc);
- Copy of the first page of your passport;
- Applicants for the PhD programs also need to supply the abstract of their master-program’s graduation dissertation.
The above documents must be written in Chinese or English. Any document written in any other language must be attached with a notarized English or Chinese translation.
The documents should be arranged in order, and please do not attach them with glue or staples.
We suggest you use DHL, FedEx or UPS to post your application materials from abroad, and SF EXPRESS ( 顺丰速运), if you are sending them in China. If you chose any other express companies, including EMS, there would be a very high possibility that your documents couldn’t be received.
the applicants should provide the score copy of IELTS (requirement: at least 6.5 points) or TOEFL (requirement: at least 90 points for new TOEFL). We regret that we would refuse your application without any notice if you don ’t meet the English language requirement mentioned above.
Post your documents to:
Ms. Zhong Qiaorui
Institute for International Students
RM. 514 Zeng Xianzi Building,
18 Jinyin Street, Nanjing 210093, China
- The last date to apply for Chinese Government Scholarship 2019 at Nanjing University is March 15, 2019.
Notification of accepted applicants will be posted on the official website of the Institute for International Students, Nanjing University in June 2019. Admission notice and the JW201 form will be mailed in July.