Applications are open for the Chevening Gurukul Fellowship 2018 at Oxford University for India’s Future Leaders. The Chevening Gurukul Fellowship for Leadership and Excellence is the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s flagship fellowship for India and has run for more than 20 years.
The fellowship is aimed at young high-flyers and mid-career professionals from diverse backgrounds with a strong and demonstrable leadership potential. The fellowship addresses issues faced by leaders in all fields and explores changing ideas and practices of leadership, looking at the implications of globalisation for Indian leaders. In September 2017, the University of Oxford with the Department of Politics and International Relations will commence running the 12-week Chevening Gurukul Fellowship for Leadership and Excellence.
The Chevening Gurukul Fellowship for Leadership and Excellence at the University of Oxford starts from the premise that as an economic powerhouse of the global economy, a growing leader in science and technology, and the world’s largest democracy, India is in a pivotal position to drive forward an effective and legitimate institutional international order to meet the emerging challenges to global integration.
This innovative programme will familiarise India’s future leaders with an understanding of the contemporary opportunities and challenges of global integration, the leadership skills to play a leading role in meeting them, and the knowledge to translate this into policy and practice.
- United Kingdom, UK
- University of Oxford
Gurukul Fellows will be exposed to current issues and themes impacting global leadership, including:
- Economics of global integration: growth, trade, regulation and deregulation
- The role of science and technology: climate change, the internet, technological interconnectedness, cyber security
- International governance and government of the nation-state: the UN, WTO and trade agreements, the European Union and Brexit
- Social challenges of and to global integration: migration, refugees, inequality and intolerance
- The new politics of support and opposition to global integration: nationalism and internationalism, security and conflict
- Personal development and leadership skills
Each Fellowship Includes:
- Living expenses for the duration of fellowship
- Travel cost to and from UK
- Full Programme Fees
To be eligible for the Chevening Gurukul Fellowship for Leadership and Excellence you must:
- Be a citizen of India and currently live in the country. You must not hold British nationality.
- Have at least ten years’ work experience prior to applying
- Be a mid-career professional with strong leadership potential in a wide range of sectors including state or central government, private sector, media, and civil society
- Have a good working knowledge of English to be assessed by a qualified English language assessor
- Have a postgraduate level qualification or equivalent professional training or work experience in a relevant area at the time of application
- Agree to adhere to all relevant guidelines, requirements and expectations of the programme
- Two references to be provided in a letter format and written in English
- Valid passport/national ID card
- University transcripts (undergraduate, postgraduate)
Please note that only documents in PDF format can be uploaded and documents cannot be over 5MB in size.
How to Apply:
Applications for Chevening Fellowships can be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the ‘apply’ button on this page.
- 28 February, 2018