The University of Sussex is now accepting applications for the Chancellor’s International Scholarships in UK 2020. The University of Sussex UK scholarship for international students is offered to those students who want to do a master’s degree at Sussex. This year a total of 25 international scholarships will be offered to international postgraduate applicants.
The University of Sussex is a leading higher education and research institution near Brighton, in the south of England. Sussex was the first of the new wave of UK universities founded in the 1960s, receiving its Royal Charter in 1961. Sussex is a leading research university, as reflected in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF).
Only eligible applications will be considered for the University of Sussex Scholarship, do not apply until you have received an offer of a place on an eligible Masters course. Non-eligible applications will not be considered and will be withdrawn.
Chancellor’s International Scholarships in UK Details:
- United Kingdom
- University of Sussex
- Master’s Degree in the UK
Fields of Study:
- Accounting, Banking, and Finance
- American Studies
- Art History
- Biomedical Science
- Business and Management
- Childhood and Youth Studies
- Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Cultural Studies
- Digital Media
- Drama and Theatre
- Ecology and Conservation
- Education and Teaching
- Energy Policy, Innovation, and Sustainability
- Engineering and Robotics
- English, Literature and Creative Writing
- Film Studies
- Filmmaking and Media Production
- Gender Studies
- International Relations
- Languages and Linguistics
- Media and Communications
- PGCE courses
- Physics and Astronomy
- Placement years and Sandwich Degrees
- Product Design
- Project Management
- Psychology and Cognitive Science
- Research Methods
- Social Work and Care
- Zoology and Animal Studies
No. of Scholarships:
- Tuition fee reduction
- 50% reduction of the overseas tuition fee
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be classified as overseas for fee purposes.
- have accepted a place on a full-time eligible Masters, commencing at the University of Sussex in September 2020.
- have excellent grades (UK first class or equivalent)
- have clear and specific goals with defined links to your course.
As there are limited scholarships available, this scholarship is extremely competitive (for 2019 entry they received more than 1000 applications for only 25 awards).
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you are going to study the following courses:
- Postgraduate diplomas (including CPE Common Professional Examination)
- Corruption, Law and Governance LLM (delivered in Qatar)
- Development Studies MA
- Early Years in Education MA
- Globalization, Business and Development MA
- Governance, Development and Public Policy MA
- Power, Participation and Social Change MA
- Poverty and Development MA
- Masters degrees in Social Work (if receiving an NHS bursary)
- PGCE courses
- Schools direct teaching courses
- any Masters funded by the research councils (e.g. those receiving ESRC 1+3 funding are not eligible)
- any Masters at Brighton and Sussex Medical School.
How to get UK Scholarships in 2020?
To be considered for the Chancellors International Scholarship, you need to have received and accepted an offer of a place on an eligible Masters at Sussex. There is guidance about how to apply for a Masters’s Degree in the UK?.
To apply for the scholarship, you are required to provide a statement of academic interests. You should include information about:
- your drive and ambitions
- your potential for positive impact when you return to your home country
- any relevant work experience, skills or extra-curricular activity that relate to your ambitions and/or chosen course
To be considered, you will need to demonstrate excellent grades in your most recent qualification (i.e. a first-class degree if you are studying in the UK). You do not need to have completed your qualification, however, as we can make conditional scholarship offers.
- The last date to apply for the Chancellor’s International Scholarships in UK 2020 (Study in the UK) is 1 May 2020 (23:59 GMT).