Are you currently studying for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics? Are you looking for a practical training period during the European summer (June – September)? If so, this could be the opportunity for you: apply now for the CERN Summer Student Programme! Do you know CERN is also offering a fully funded CERN Junior fellowship for students & graduates? Must Apply.
Stay in touch and keep visiting our Facebook page Scholarships Corner for live sessions and guidelines about different opportunities. We also share opportunities on our Instagram account on a daily basis. Follow us on Instagram “scholarshipscorner” and Don’t miss any opportunity.
CERN Summer Student Program 2020 Details:
Summer Program Duration:
- 8 to 13 weeks
Follow us on Social Media Platforms and Don’t miss any opportunity.
- A contract of association of 8 to 13 weeks* to work on a technical project.
- An extensive physics lecture programme (students will also be able to attend a series of IT lectures organized by Openlab).
- A 90 CHF per calendar day (net of tax) subsistence allowance to cover the cost of accommodation and meals in the Geneva area for a single person for the whole contract duration.
- A travel allowance on a lump sum basis paid at the end of your stay to help you with the cost of travel between Geneva and your residence at the time of the selection committee.
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive Health Insurance scheme (contribution already deducted from allowance).**
- Assistance to find accommodation on the CERN site or nearby.
Summer Students Program Benefits:
- During this unique and exciting time, you can attend a series of lectures specially prepared for you where experts and scientists from around the world share their knowledge about a wide range of topics in the fields of theoretical and experimental particle physics, engineering and computing. Visits to the CERN facilities, as well as discussion sessions and workshops, are also key features of the program.
In order to qualify for a place on the programme you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a Bachelor or Master student (not PhD) in Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics and should have completed, by the European Summer 2020, at least three years of full-time studies at the university level.
- You will remain registered as a student during your stay at CERN. If you expect to graduate during European summer 2020 (as of May), you are also eligible to apply.
- You have not worked at CERN before with any other status (Technical Student, Trainee, User or another status) for more than 3 months and you have not been previously a Summer Student at CERN.
- You have a good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
Candidates of all nationalities are welcome to apply for this Summer Student Programme.
You have to Upload the Following Documents Online in the Application Form. Clearly Labelled (e.g. “CV”, “Motivation letter”, “Academic transcript”, etc.) in PDF format.
- A CV in either English or French.
- A copy of the Recent Academic Transcript.
- Two Mandatory Reference Letters from Your Lecturers and/or Previous Internships.
Please make sure you have all the documents requested to hand when you start your application on our career portal as they cannot be added after its completion (only reference letters can be submitted afterward).
Once your application has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation e-mail that contains a link. You must forward this link to your referees so that they can upload their recommendation letter.
How to Apply for CERN International Summer Program?
You can apply through the online application for CERN summer school 2020. An only online application will be accepted. Apply as soon as possible.
Tips for CERN Opportunities:
Ensure your CV is complete with all skills and experience that make you stand out as a candidate.
Be as clear and specific as possible in the application fields “Education” and “Experience” in order to increase your chances of being selected. Also, include in this section all the specific skills (e.g. programming languages, hardware, databases, etc.) that you have acquired that will support your application.
And last but not least, make good use of the ‘Motivation’ section to tell us why you’re a great candidate for CERN!
You might be interested in the Hansen Summer Institute 2020 (Fully Funded) Summer Exchange Program to the United States of America.
Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria and have completed their application before the deadline will pass to the next step of the selection process. The final results of the selection procedure will be communicated to candidates by mid-April at the latest.
- The last date to submit an online application for the CERN Summer Student Program 2020 in Switzerland is 31 January 2020.