CERN Internship 2018 is a great opportunity for students who belong to any state other than a CERN Member State. European Organization for Nuclear Research is all set to conduct an eight week Summer Research Program for Students in 2018. Students who are looking for an Internship in upcoming summer season, should not miss this chance. Kindly note that CERN Internship 2018 will be held at Geneva, Switzerland.
Name of Organization:
- European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN), Geneva, Switzerland
Name of Internship:
- CERN Internship 2018 Summer Student Program
Duration of Internship:
- The duration of CERN Summer Student Program 2018 will be eight weeks only. Students are required to work 40 hours per week during internship.
Schedule of Internship:
- CERN Summer Internship 2018 will be arranged from June to August 2018.
- Students must be a national of any State other than CERN Member State or Cyprus, India, Pakistan, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine.
- Students must be studying Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree course at university level in Physics or Computing or Engineering.
- Students must have completed at least three years of full time studies by the time of beginning of CERN Summer Student Program 2018.
- Students who are going to complete their graduation in April/May 2018, can also participate in CERN Internship 2018.
Eligible Disciplines: Your Bachelor or Master degree focuses on one of the following disciplines:
- Civil Engineering
- Controls and Data Acquisition
- Health, Safety & Environment
- Information Technologies
- Materials Science & Surface Engineering
- Students who have attended CERN Summer Student Program in any past year or have worked with CERN for more than three months, are not eligible for this internship.
CERN Internship Details:
The CERN Summer Internship Program 2018 contains following events:
- Technical project
- Travel allowance
- Membership to the Health Insurance Scheme (for the students with CERN contracts)
- 6 weeks Lecture Programme: end June – beginning of August
- Assistance in finding accommodation on, or near the site of the Laboratory
- During internship period, students will be paid Stipend of 90 CHF per day.
Other Support & Facilities:
- CERN Organization will help students to find accommodation near their place of work.
- Travel Allowance and Health Insurance facilities will also be provided to students.
Process of Selection:
- Selection of students for Summer Internship will be on the basis of their academic records, knowledge, reference letters etc.
How to Apply Online for CERN Internship 2018 Summer Student Program:
- Log on to official website at jobs.web.cern.ch.
- Navigate to Join us section and select as Student tab.
- Find out Studentships in Summer (Non Member State Nationals) and click on the link.
- Read all the details like Eligibility Conditions, Application & Recruitment Process etc.
- Prepare your CV, Reference Letters, Transcript and other documents before applying for CERN Internship 2018.
- Select Apply tab and click on online application link to proceed.
- Fill up the application form with necessary personal and educational details.
- Upload your CV, Transcript etc. as mentioned.
- Submit the application form online on completion.
- Save your Application Registration Number/ID for future reference.
- Take printout of your application form for record and further use.
Last Date for Online Application: 28th January 2018
List of Selected Students Declare on: April 2018