Finally the wait is over. CERN is now accepting applications for CERN Internship 2019 in Geneva, Switzerland. This is the best internship program in Switzerland. The selected students will get practical experience in the world best organisation. The duration of the CERN Technical Studentship will be 4-12 months and the selected participants will work at CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers.
The CERN’s Technical Student Programme is fully funded by CERN. It will cover all the expenses of the selected participants. The Technical Students will get health insurance, family allowance, monthly stipend and travel allowance.
The CERN Internship 2019 is open to undergraduate and master’s student of a CERN Member or Associate Member State (home.cern/about/member-states. If your university or institute requires or encourages you to acquire work experience through an internship, imagine doing this at CERN in Geneva. It’s more than work experience. In fact, it’s a student programme like nowhere else on Earth and an impressive addition to your CV!
If you are a student looking to complete practical training in domains related to Mechanical Engineering, you will have the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of technology, contribute and broaden your knowledge in disciplines as varied as structural mechanics and machine development, magnets, fluids or heating systems, mechatronics, computer aided design or metrology to name but a few.
CERN Internship 2019 Details:
- 4 to 12 months
- Mechanical Engineering
In return, CERN will provide you with:
- A contract of association from 4 to 12 months.
- An allowance of 3283 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- A travel allowance.
- Depending on your personal circumstances, a supplement if you are married and/or have children.
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive Health Insurance scheme (the contribution will be automatically deducted from your allowance).
- 2,5 days of paid leave per month.
The eligibility criteria of the CERN Short Term Internship Program is given below:
In order to qualify for a place on the programme you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State (home.cern/about/member-states).
- You have completed at least 18 months of your undergraduate studies (Bachelor or Master’s) at the time of the next student selection taking place in May 2019.
- You can stay for at least 4 and at most 12 months remaining registered as a full-time student.
- We advise you to opt for the longest period possible to make the most of it and increase your chances of being selected!
- You have a good knowledge of English OR French.
You will need the following documents to complete your application (please make sure to name the documents accordingly e.g. CV, motivation letter, academic transcript…):
- A CV.
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript giving an overview of your marks (if you download it from your university portal please make sure there is no protection so that we can open it).
- A reference letter from your University Professor (Mandatory. Should you have a letter of reference from a previous internship you may add this as a second reference).
- You can upload this letter at the time of application if you have them to hand. You will also be provided with a link as soon as you have submitted your application to forward to your referees to upload their letters confidentially. This must be done before the closing date.
Please note that applications may be shared with a panel of national experts for evaluation purposes.
Also check and apply for some other international opportunities 2019:
- Fully Funded ETH Internship 2019 in Switzerland
- 2019 Hansen Summer Institute [Fully Funded] USA
- Full Funded Young Leaders Access Program in USA
- CERN Openlab Summer Program for Undergraduate Students – Fully Funded
- ACU Summer School in Mauritius – Fully Funded
How to Apply for CERN Internship 2019?
Click on the Apply Now button below to proceed to CERN internship application. Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further. All the documents you upload will remain attached to your Smartrecruiters profile. You do not need to upload them again for other applications you might submit.
CERN Internship Application Tips
Ensure your CV is complete with all skills and experience that make you stand out as a candidate.
Be as clear and specific as possible in the application fields “Education” and “Experience” in order to increase your chances of being selected. Also include in this section all the specific skills (e.g. programming languages, hardware, databases etc.) that you have acquired that will support your application.
And last but not least, make good use of the ‘Motivation’ section to tell us why you’re a great candidate for CERN!
- The deadline for the CERN Internship 2019 in Geneva is March 25, 2019.
Your application along with all supporting documents should reach us no later than 25.03.2019. It will be reviewed by a panel of CERN experts who will meet in May 2019.