Call for applications for CDLinks Summer School in Italy 2019. This Summer School in Italy will be held in Venice.
The CD-Links Summer School in will be organized in cooperation with the Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change (CMCC) and the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), and will take place in Venice, at the Palazzo Artigianelli, from 30th June to 6th July 2019.
The objective of the summer school is to create a community of young scholars from a broad range of disciplines, ranging from environmental and natural resource economists to energy engineers, physicists, system analyst and environmental scientists, interested in the topic of modelling human activities and the earth system in an integrated framework, commonly referred to as Integrated Assessment Modelling.
The school will cover the process of modelling the interaction between economic activities and the energy system, land use, forest and agriculture, water, and atmosphere, and whether and how these multi-dimensional implications could be aggregated or traded-off.
- 7 Days
- 30th June to 6th July 2019
Number of Participants:
- The maximum number of students is 30.
- Accommodation, lunches and coffee breaks are provided without charge to all participants of the school.
- Students of developed countries will need to cover all other expenses associated with participating in the school, such as travel, dinners and local transport.
- Travel expenses can be offered to applicants from developing countries. Other costs, such as dinners and local transport, will be at the expense of the participant.
- History of the integrated assessment modeling of human activities and the earth system
- Past socio-demographic trends and implications for energy: future major trends
- Overview of land use, agriculture, and food
- Overview of the modeling of impacts of climate change
- Modelling SDGs: The expansion of IAMs and bringing everything back together
- IAM development and their use: 3 National Experiences
- Graduate students, professionals from any university, research institute, or other organization (private companies, government agencies, NGOs) with an interest in environmental issues, integrated assessment modeling.
- An ability to read and write fluently in English.
How to Apply for CDLinks Summer School 2019?
Fill an Online Application For any queries please Email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plase convert your application in single pdf file and send to email@example.com
- Your curriculum vitae.
- A letter of reference from your supervisor (with original signature).
- The first draft of the paper you will present (no length constraint).
Also check some other amazing opportunities:
- Unilever Summer Placement Program in UK & Ireland
- Global UGRAD Exchange Program in USA
- International Student Festival Iran
- Hansen Summer Institute in USA
- 1st March 2019