Applications are invited for the Canon Collins Scholarships for Postgraduate Study in South Africa 2018. Canon Collins Trust seeks to support exceptional individuals who are committed to social justice in Southern Africa and for whom a postgraduate qualification is an essential tool in working to create an open and just society.
- South Africa
- Canon Collins Trust
Fields of Study:
For the next 3 years they will be offering scholarships only to those studying in three areas:
- Justice, which includes Law, Economics, Politics and the Environment
- Education: policy and practice
- Humanities, which includes Literature, History, Anthropology and the Art
- Most awards will be valued at R70,000 for each year of study at Masters and PhD level. In exceptional cases up to R100,000 per year may be offered. They support both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning;
- An annual conference is also organised for current scholars, and several smaller events throughout the year. Scholarship holders are expected to participate in these activities and to become part of and contribute to the Canon Collins Scholarship network;
- Eligible applicants will automatically be considered for these named scholarships:
- Ros Moger and Terry Furlong
- Sol Plaatje Canon Collins Scholarships
- Applicants must be a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe;
- Be normally resident in one of the above countries;
- Be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application;
- Be studying or applying to study at a South African university;
- Applications for courses that are not within the above areas of subject (for example MBAs, medical sciences, sports sciences, applied sciences) will be rejected.
How to Apply:
Apply through the online application system. Returning users can log in using the details you registered with to continue filling your form.
- 23rd July, 2018