Bali Democracy Students Conference (BDSC) is an annual program initiated by the government of the Republic of Indonesia in 2017. The international conference will be held at Nusa Dua, Bali from 5-6 December 2019. The first international youth conference (BDSC I) was held in December 2017 and it was attended by 150 students from 61 countries. During the conference, the selected participants share their views and experiences regarding democracy.
Bachelor or Master student of University or College from all over the world can apply for international youth forum 2019. Those who have attended any previous BDSC are not eligible to apply for the BDSC III.
Bali Democracy Forum (BDF) is an annual intergovernmental forum initiated by the government of the Republic of Indonesia in 2008. It was created to demonstrate a progressive democratic architecture in the Asia-Pacific region. The Forum facilitates dialogues through sharing experiences and best practices in managing diversity that encourages equality, mutual understanding, and respect.
Since 2017, BDF has developed further by involving students through Bali Democracy Students Conference (BDSC) which was held with the aim to transfer the value of democracy to the young generation and absorb views and input from them. BDSC I was held in 2017 and attended by 150 students from 61 countries. The theme was “From Campus for Democracy”. Following the success of BDSC I, BDSC II was held in 2018 and attended by 138 participants from 58 countries. The theme of the BDSC II was “Democracy for Prosperity: Youth’s Perspectives”.
Bali Democracy Students Conference 2019 Details:
- Nusa Dua, Bali
- 4 Days
Also, Apply for the Hansen Summer Institute in the USA – Fully Funded
- 5-6 December 2019
No. of Participants:
The committee will provide the following facilities:
- Return domestic flight tickets from the city where participant study in Indonesia to Bali.
- Twin-shared accommodation for 4 days and 3 nights in Bali (check-in on 4 December 2019, check out on 7 December 2019);
- Local transportation (Airport-hotel and hotel-venue);
- Meals during the program.
- Bachelor or Master student of University or College, having an interest in international, social and political issues, particularly democracy.
- Age between 21 – 28 years old, or has completed at least 4 semesters (Currently in the 5th semester)
- Has never participated in any previous BDSC.
- Good command of English both written and spoken. Having a certificate or TOEFL (paper-based min. 500 or iBT min. 79) or IELTS (scored min. 6) is a plus.
- Actively involved in various students and social organizations.
- An active user of social media
- Filled in the application form
- Curriculum vitae (PDF file max 1MB);
- Recommendation letter from university (recommendation letter from faculty or university are accepted, the file should be on the PDF form, max 1MB);
- Statement letter to join the entire program of BDSC III in Bali from 4 – 7 December 2019 (File PDF max 1MB);
- Scanned ID Card (Kartu Tanda Penduduk (KTP) for Indonesian students or passport for foreign students) and University Students ID (File JPG max 1MB);
- Photo (File JPG max 1MB);
- TOEFL/IELTS certificate (if any);
- A maximum 650-word essay having a theme “Democracy and Inclusivity: Youth and Inclusive Digital Democracy” (font: Arial 11, space: 1,5, doc file max 1MB);
- A 30-second Video Profile uploaded into participant’s social media account (please put the link in the application form). The Video must contain:
- Short self-introduction;
- Participant’s view of Democracy and Inclusivity.
How to Apply for International Conference 2019 in Indonesia?
The application of BDSC III’s participants must be submitted online and open for both Indonesian and Foreign Students studying in Indonesia. Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The committee will conduct the selection process for all submitted applications. The committee’s decision on the selection of participants is final.
- The last date to apply for the Bali Democracy Students Conference is 7 October 2019 at 23.59 WIB.