Call for applications for The African Women’s Development Fund AWDF African Women Writers Workshop 2019 in Ghana. The African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF) invites African women and journalists to apply for the African Women’s Writers Workshop 2019. This 10-day writing workshop for Africans will take place in Ghana, from October 21-30, 2019.
The workshop will be facilitated by award-winning writer Yewande Omotoso, an internationally acclaimed journalist, Sylvia Vollenhoven. This workshop is targeted at women writers, journalists, and activists who wish to step-up their involvement in highlighting issues around women’s rights and social justice and who wish to improve and practice their personal writing skills.
Participants will be expected to read widely from assigned selected texts, and to complete daily writing exercises. After the workshop, the participants are expected to use the knowledge acquired to write widely about social justice issues in and beyond their communities. Participants will also be required to produce at least two articles, blogs or longer pieces for use by AWDF.
African Women Writers Workshop 2019 Details:
- 10 Days
- October 21-30, 2019
Also, Apply for Fully Funded Summer Workshop 2019 in Saudi Arabia
AWDF will provide the following to successful applicants
- Round trip fare. Participants from the diaspora may be required to pay part of the cost of airfare depending on the budget
- Full accommodation and meals
- Workshop material and stationary
A Memorandum of Understanding will be signed by successful applicants to enable the smooth running of the workshop.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants should be from the African region or the diaspora;
- Be a feminist or women’s rights activist;
- Have a high proficiency in English (verbal and written);
- Be an experienced writer (published or unpublished);
- Be available to travel to Ghana and stay for the entire 10-day session
- Young women writers between ages 21-35 are especially encouraged to apply
- Priority will be given to interested women writers (fiction & non-fiction) journalists, academics who wish to actively engage in women’s rights activist
How to Apply for WDF African Women Writers Workshop 2019?
To apply, send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following:
- Contact details including name, email address, telephone number
- A short bio (maximum 200 words)
- A sample article was written by the applicant, about women’s rights or social justice -between 500 and 1000 words. The sample may be unpublished or published on any media. AWDF will not be responsible for any cases of alleged plagiarism.
THE E-MAIL SUBJECT SHOULD READ ‘AFRICAN WOMEN WRITERS WORKSHOP 2019’
- Deadline for submission is 24th June 2019. Only those accepted to the workshop will be notified by 24th July 2019.