Applications are invited for the Asian Development Bank Internship 2018. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) was founded on 19th December 1996, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. It is an international development financing institution developed with the aim is to reduce poverty n Asia and the Pacific through loans, grants, research and technical assistance to its member countries, as well as investments in private companies.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Indonesia Resident Mission, Jakarta
- 26 weeks
- June 2018
- ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only
- Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
- Compile Indonesia’s trade data and examine the impact of disruptive technologies on Indonesia’s global value chain.
- Conduct a systematic review of literature on disruptive technologies and economic development, and present the findings in an accessible report for policy oriented audience.
- Provide support in organizing research workshops and presentations
- Help review and edit analysis and reports produced by consultants.
- Draft short policy briefs and presentations on the research topic, as required.
- Provide administrative support on the research project, which include drafting terms of reference, consultant recruitment, progress update reports, etc.
- Undertake any other task to support the research project as required and assigned
- Using available digital tools, set up an efficient system for the management of the research work (data, analysis, literature, consultants, etc).
- Be enrolled in a Master or PhD level in economics, engineering, finance or related field at a school in one of the ADB member countries, both prior to and after the internship assignment.
- Have knowledge of and interest in industry 4.0/disruptive technologies.
- Be engaged in academic study in a field directly related to ADB’s work.
- Have relevant professional and/or research experience
- Knowledge of natural resources management and social development issues
- Excellent research writing and communication skills in English
- Ability to interact with ADB staff/others to deliver expected results
The deadline of the Asian Development Bank Internship 2018 is:
- Sunday, February 4, 2018 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)