The Asia Foundation Development Fellowship 2020 is now open for applications. The Asia Foundation Development Fellows program provides highly qualified, young professionals from Asia with an unparalleled opportunity to strengthen their leadership skills and gain in-depth knowledge of Asia’s critical development challenges. The prestigious, year-long career advancement program draws on The Asia Foundation’s extensive 18-country network and deep expertise working with innovative leaders
and communities across the region. No IELTS/TOFEL is required for the fully-funded international fellowship in 2020.
The Asia Foundation has created the Asia Foundation Development Fellows program, an initiative designed to identify, nurture, and support dedicated next-generation leaders across Asia. The fully-funded fellowship program aims to strengthen and enhance the ability of carefully selected leaders and changemakers to advance Asia’s social, economic, and political development through forward-looking initiatives and policy reforms.
The Asia Foundation Leadership Program targets and invests in an extraordinary body of young and emerging Asian professionals – NGO and civil society leaders, government officials and policymakers, social entrepreneurs, journalists, environmentalists, and academics. The various components of the program create a nexus of disciplines, working environments, professional experiences, cultures, and country contexts through which development practitioners and professionals can build practical skills and enhance leadership capabilities while deepening bonds of regional and international perspective, understanding, and commitment.
Stay in touch and keep visiting our Facebook page Scholarships Corner for live sessions about different opportunities
Asia Foundation Development Fellowship 2020 Details:
- Asia Foundation
- Participation in the program is not a full-time commitment. The main program components are 1-2 week learning modules which grant the Fellows the flexibility to remain in their current occupations throughout their fellowship year. The program’s Professional Development Award also offers greater flexibility for Fellows to design their own custom educational component or project that fits in with their existing commitments
No. of Fellows:
- The next cohort of Asia Foundation Development Fellowship will consist of 12 individuals.
You might be interested in Fully Funded NED Democracy Fellowship in the USA – Check it out.
- All program expenses are covered, including costs for coursework and programming, airfares and local transportation, lodging and meals, visa fees, and health and accident insurance. Fellows also receive a Professional Development Award of up to US$5,000 for their own personalized professional development plan.
The fully-funded leadership program 2020 is a multifaceted experience-enhancing leadership skill, Asian development knowledge, professional networks, and international exposure for young Asian professionals. The program also provides the flexibility for Fellows to customize their own professional development component and to stay in their current occupations while participating in the program’s rigorous modules. The program is comprised of the following four components.
- Leadership Dialogue and Exchange program in Asia (2 weeks);
- Leadership Dialogue and Exchange in the U.S. (2 weeks);
- Professional Development Award of US$5,000; and
- Mentorship, formally allowing Fellows to tap into The Asia Foundation’s extensive human resources and thematic expertise.
Asia Foundation Development Fellows must:
- Have a demonstrable record of high achievement, and must show evidence of outstanding potential for professional advancement and significant impact in their chosen field;
- Have a demonstrable record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation’s
fields of expertise – governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation;
- Have outstanding personal character and integrity;
- Be thoughtful, committed, respected and inspirational leaders within their professional fields and
within their larger community;
- Be under 40 years of age by the time of selection: January 1, 2020;
- Be conversant in English (TOEFL exam results are not required);
- Be available and able to participate in all program components on specified dates, no exceptions;
- Be resident nationals or citizens of the following countries where The Asia Foundation has
programs: Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Cambodia; China; India; Indonesia; Japan, Korea; Laos;
Malaysia; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Pakistan; Philippines; Singapore; Sri Lanka; Thailand; Timor-Leste; and Vietnam
Citizens or nationals of the following countries where The Asia Foundation has programs:
- Sri Lanka
Also, Apply for the Facebook Fellowship Program in the United States
How to Apply for fully-funded international fellowship 2020?
Applications for the Asia Foundation fellowship program are to be completed online through the WizeHive application system. The system will require you to set up an account so you can save and resume your progress. Letters of reference will also be handled through this online platform and can be completed after you submit your online forms.
The application must be completed online and consists of the following components:
- Personal information
- Written submission/ short essays
- Supplementary materials: CV and transcript
- Video submission
- (2) Letters of reference (managed online)
In preparation for the application process, please secure the following:
- Your passport information
- An electronic copy of your unofficial* transcript (for upload)
- An electronic version of your resume/CV (for upload)
- A video recording device such as a cellphone, webcam, or digital/video camera
- Mid-December 2019 – Selection committee convenes, makes a selection among a pool of finalists.
- January 2020 – Final selection announced and 2020 Fellowship year commences.
- The last date to apply for the Asian Foundation Development Fellowship 2020 is October 7, 2019 at 11:59pm Pacific Time USA.
Deadline is October 7, 2019