The Projekt Hansa is now accepting applications for its Annual Youth Conference 2019 in Brussels, Belgium. The Projekt Hansa Youth Event will take place at the European Parliament on 20th February. The aim of this youth conference in Belgium is to to promote partnerships and mutual understanding between young people from Hanseatic cities, and exchange of views on business and cultural topics of concern to the new generations.
Projekt Hansa is a Policy Group formed from the European Conservatives and Reformists Group (ECR) in the European Parliament. The group is concerned with opportunities for trade, encouraging links between businesses and communities, and sharing cultural exports across Northern Europe.
We take our name and inspiration from the medieval Hanseatic League. In the thirteenth century, economically independent German trade merchants came together to lay the basis of a network of like-minded cities around the coasts of the North and Baltic seas. They shared the ambition to pursue common economic interests through trust and reciprocal trade relations. Until the seventeenth century, over 225 Hanseatic cities were brought together and made the Hansa dominate the economy, politics and trade of Europe.
Annual Youth Conference 2019 Details:
- Projekt Hansa
- European Parliament,Brussels
- One Day
- 20th February, 2019
- A round trip to Brussels from a northern European country (Iceland, Ireland, the United Kingdom, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Germany, the Netherland and Belgium);
- Accommodation in Brussels for one night;
- Lunch on the day of the event;
- Drink Reception.
- Young professionals or last-year university students from one of the following Northern European countries: Iceland, Ireland, the United Kingdom, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium;
- Participants should be involved in the trade, business, cultural, or tourism sectors;
- An eagerness to bring northern European stakeholders, businesses, and communities together and to broaden comprehension of North European links and networks;
- Fluency in English (proof of proficiency may be requested).
How to Apply for Annual Youth Conference 2019 in Brussels?
Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday, 14 January, 9.00AM :
An up-to-date CV in English;
- Proof of residency in one of the above-mentioned Northern European countries (passport, ID card, bill, etc.);
- One page cover letter (max: 350 words) in English setting out why you are interested by business, trade or cultural links in Northern Europe and how you would benefit professionally from this experience.
Please include your full name in the title of documents that you send and email subject must be “[SURNAME OF APPLICANT] — PH 2019 Youth Event Application”.
- The last date to apply for Annual Youth Conference 2019 in Brussels, Belgium is Monday, 14 January, 9.00AM (GM+1)