The American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is targeted to high-achieving international students who wish to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree in the US and who are dedicated to positive civic and social change. It is intended for students who will be to returning home to improve under-resourced, undeserved communities in his/her home country.
- United States of America
- American University
- Undergraduate Degree Program
- The AU EGL scholarship is renewable for a total of four years of undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic performance.
Field of Study:
- Any undergraduate program offered at American University
- August 2018
- The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room and board).
- The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets and miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S. $4,000).
Preference will be given to:
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- A minimum 95 TOEFL iBT, 7.0 IELTS or 600 paper-based TOEFL
You are NOT eligible to apply if:
- You are a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another country.
- You are enrolled in or have already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the United States
How to Apply:
- To apply to the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship, you must complete the online scholarship application form and submit required supporting documents by 15 December 2017 or by 15 January 2018, at the latest.
- 15 January 2018,
Related Leadership Program:
Fully Funded Leadership Program (YFC) 2018 in Sweden