Call for applications for The Al Ghurair STEM Scholars Program 2019 in UAE. They offer full or partial scholarships to the selected candidates.
Getting a top quality Bachelor’s or Master’s degree is not always possible for young Arabs, especially if finances are a barrier. If you are an exceptional student with a passion for Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) and you are curious, creative, and determined to pursue your dreams regardless of your circumstances, the Al Ghurair STEM Scholars Program can offer you the scholarship and support system you need to realize your goals.
The aim of the Al Ghurair Foundation is to create opportunities for activating the vast potential of Arab youth by providing scholarships to high-income students with low incomes, supporting them and training them in skills that will enable them to succeed and improve their lives.
Al Ghurair STEM Scholars Program Details:
- United Arab Emirates
- Al Ghurair Foundation for Education
Best International Scholarships 2019, Apply Now!
- KAUST Scholarship 2019 in Saudi Arabia
- Queen Elizabeth Scholarship 2019 – Fully Funded
- Azerbaijan International Scholarships 2019 – Full Scholarship
As an Al Ghurair STEM Scholar, you will receive a scholarship to pursue a degree at one of our partner universities. The scholarship will include both financial and non-financial support that will enable you to attend and succeed at university and prepare for a successful transition to work.
Financial Support includes support towards:
- University tuition and other mandatory university fees
- Health insurance, as per the university plan
- On-campus housing costs, travel airfare and visa costs for students living away from family
- Support towards living expenses
Non-Financial Support includes access to:
- A network of Al Ghurair Scholars around the world
- Community service experience
- Work experience and exposure opportunities
- Skill development tools and opportunities to build leadership skills
- Academic advising, career counselling and mentorship
- You must not hold a second non-Arab passport. Preference given to residents of Arab world for at least 12 years.
17-30 YEARS OLD
- For students now applying to the undergraduate level, you must have graduated from high school within the last 4 years.
- You must have a cumulative GPA of no less than 85% in high school or 3.0 in university.
REQUIRE FINANCIAL SUPPORT
- You must be willing and able to show proof of your financial need in your application.
APPLYING TO A PARTNER UNIVERSITY
- You must be planning to apply or currently attending one of the partner universities for a Bachelor degree.
- National ID (from country of nationality)
- Residency ID (from country of residency)
- Family book
- Refugee status documentation
- Official transcript of the most recent completed academic year:
- High school seniors: Yr. 11 Masters
- For undergraduates who did not yet complete Yr. 1: last completed academic year in their previous school/university
- For undergraduates who completed Yr. 1: most recent academic year at current university
- Master’s students: cumulative transcript from undergraduate degree, or Yr. 1 Master’s degree transcript
- Letter of acceptance from AGFE partner university (if available at time of application)
- Results from any standardized exams already taken
- Personal salary statement or other income documents, 6 months bank statements for savings & current accounts (if applicable)
- Salary certificate or other documents proving income/pension for all other family household members
- Six-month bank statements for savings current accounts of parents or spouse (depending on personal status)
- Statement of annual cost of education for each household member studying
- Family house rental contract (if home is rented)
- Proof of special needs or chronic illnesses among any household members (if applicable)
After the application deadline has closed, the Foundation will review and assess all complete, submitted applications. Incomplete applications and applications from students who do not meet program eligibility criteria will not be considered.
Based on the assessment, the Foundation will invite a shortlist of applicants to an online interview. Shortly after the interview, the final list of scholars will be announced and selected scholars will need to confirm their acceptance of the award and complete admission to one of our partner universities. At that point, applicants who have not been selected will also be informed. Please review the timeline on the STEM Scholars Program page for key dates to remember.
The last date to apply for Al Ghurair STEM Scholars Program 2019 in UAE is January 27, 2019.
Deadline is January 27, 2019