Applications are now invited for AIDF Africa Innovator of the Year Award 2019. This competition celebrates individuals as well as teams who have introduced game-changing initiatives, created research or inventions that have made an impact on the humanitarian aid and development sectors in Africa over the past year. The aim is to recognise individuals for their inspiring leadership, forward-thinking, creative problem-solving and implementation of innovative programmes that have helped drive African progress towards Sustainable Development Goals.
The AIDF Africa Summit was launched in 2015 to engage all the relevant aid and development stakeholders within Africa and beyond. The two day conference features four different streams and attracts 350 senior attendees from regional governments, UN agencies, international and regional NGOs, CBOs, investors and donors, research institutes and the private sector.
The agenda has been developed in consultation with key organisations, such as WFP, IRFC, World Vision, USAID, UNICEF, World Bank, Save the Children, UN Habitat, CRS, FHI360, Oxfam, Habitat for Humanity International, IRD and will include case studies, panel discussions, exclusive breakfast briefings, workshops, and interactive roundtable sessions.
AIDF Africa Innovator of the Year Award 2019 Details:
- The award winner will benefit from extensive media coverage and industry recognition for their achievements in humanitarian aid and development. The recipient will be awarded the following:
- A crystal award at the AIDF Africa Summit 2019
- Free registration for the AIDF Africa Summit 2020
- A press release announcing the award winner will be published on aidforum.org as well as the event website with details of the winner’s initiatives, research or inventions that made an impact on the global humanitarian aid and development sectors over the past year
- Social media endorsements by AIDF
Why attend AIDF Africa Innovator of the Year Award 2019?
- Explore best practice, project updates, innovations and partnerships in humanitarian logistics, health & WASH, emergency communication, shelter, disaster resilience, financial inclusion and use of mobile technology for development programmes in Africa
- Gain first hand insights from development banks, donors and government agencies on their financing priorities and funding guidelines
- Attend interactive sessions, themed roundtables and an evening drinks reception to engage with decision makers and key stakeholders in Africa’s aid and development sectors
- The 4th Annual AIDF Africa Summit fuels new ideas, new connections and new inspiration.
- Nominations are open to individuals who work within the humanitarian aid and development sector
- An award can be based on the work of a team but needs to contain a name of the team leader i.e. nominee, who will accept the award on the team’s behalf
- Self-nominations are allowed
- Please obtain the nominee’s consent to participate in this award program
- There is no submission fee, however, if you are entering a nomination, please ensure that you complete all required fields of the nomination form
How to Apply for AIDF Africa Innovator of the Year Award 2019?
Click on the Apply Now Button to proceed to AIDF Africa Innovator of the Year Award Nomination Form. Please do not write more than 200 words for each question.
The last date to apply for AIDF Africa Innovator of the Year Award 2019 is January 18, 2019.
Deadline is January 18, 2019