Call for applications for the African Women’s Fellowship 2020 at New York University, USA. The African Women’s Public Service Fellowship, made possible by a donation from the Oprah Winfrey Foundation, expands the opportunity for African women to impact public service in their home countries.
Fellowship recipients commit to return to their respective home countries at the conclusion of the program with the goal of assuming a leadership position on the continent where they can meaningfully contribute to the challenges currently confronting Africa.
This fellowship is only available to degree-seeking students. Advanced professional certificate and non-degree programs are not applicable to this fellowship.
New York University’s Robert F. Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service prepares public service leaders to translate ideas into actions that have an effective and lasting impact on the public good. Our faculty’s research changes the way people frame, understand and act on important public issues. We provide our students with critical skills, access to all that New York City has to offer, and a deep understanding of the context surrounding public service challenges—which they use to improve cities and communities across the globe.
African Women’s Fellowship 2020 Details:
- United States of America
- New York University
- Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service
- The 2020 Fellowship in the USA provides full tuition, fees, housing, travel to and from the United States, and a small stipend to cover books and miscellaneous expenses.
- Citizen and resident in an African country at the time of application
- Strong academic record
- Demonstrated commitment to public service
- An NYU Wagner education would significantly enhance your ability to have a deep and lasting impact on public service issues in your home country and region
- Applicable to the following programs:
- MPA Public & Nonprofit Management & Policy
- MPA Health Policy & Management
- Master of Urban Planning
- EMPA Public Service Leaders
How to Apply for NYU Fellowship in the USA?
Submit your Fellowship Application Essay along with your online application to NYU Wagner for Fall 2020. The Fellowship Application Essay is included in the fellowship section of the online application; there is not a separate application. Fellowship applicants must also submit the one-minute video essay in the application in order to be considered.
- Applications for the African Women’s Public Service Fellowship 2020 are due by December 2, 2019.
Those selected as fellowship semi-finalists will be invited to participate in Skype interviews with the Fellowship Selection Committee in early-to-mid February 2020.