Call for applications for African Graduate Fellowship 2019 at The American University in Cairo. The African Graduate Fellowship is a competitive fellowship program for bright, highly motivated African students interested in pursuing a master’s degree at AUC. Each year, fellowships are offered to nationals of African countries (not including Egyptians) for full-time study (nine credits or as required by the program) in any of the graduate programs offered at AUC.
The University admits outstanding graduate students who demonstrate the ability to do creative and original work. A graduate applicant must have an acceptable bachelor’s degree, with a record at the required level, and perform well on any designated entrance examination.
AUC offers 44 master’s and two PhD programs in addition to various graduate diplomas. For a complete list of the graduate programsIt must be noted that in support of their professional training, fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of related academic work.
Fellowships are awarded for two academic years and the intervening summer session.
African Gradaute Fellowship 2019 Details:
- American University of Cario
- Two academic years and the intervening summer session, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Monthly stipend
- Student services and activities fee
- Medical service and health insurance fees
- A monthly housing allowance for non-residents of Cairo or accommodation in University residences at AUC New Cairo
- Non-Egyptian African nationals
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree with a minimum overall rating of very good, an overall grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent
- Satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements, including submission of AUC graduate application, additional documents and any required test scores (GMAT for MBA applicants, GRE for economics, economics in international development, and GRE or GMAT for the finance program applicants)
- Submit an International TOEFL iBT exam score or an IELTS exam score meeting the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions.
- To retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2 or above.
How to Apply for African Graduate Fellowship 2019?
- Step 1: Check how to apply and submit the online application
- Step 2: Submit the online fellowship application
Selection of fellowships awards is conducted through a selection committee.
Each fellowship application is thoroughly reviewed by the selection committee. Fellowship committee members take into consideration academic performance, individual circumstances, and demand for a fellowship from other applicants.
- The last date to apply for African Graduate Fellowship 2019 at The American University in Cairo is February 15, 2019.
Deadline is February 15, 2019