The Taiwan Foundation for Democracy (TFD) is now accepting applications for the 6th Asia Young Leaders Programme 2019 in Taipei, Taiwan. The fully funded leadership program in Taiwan will be held at the TFD headquarters in August 20th-26th, 2019. The good thing about this young leaders program is that you don’t need IELTS/TOEFL for the application process, however, you should have a good command of written and spoken English.
In 2014, the Taiwan Foundation for Democracy (TFD) established the Asia Young Leaders for Democracy program (AYLD), aiming at strengthening democracy in Asia through young people’s collaborations. Each year, young practitioners advocating for democracy or human rights across the countries in Asia are selected to participate in the AYLD which empowers them through lectures, discussions, and site visits.
From 2018 to 2019, democracy is still backsliding. Extremism, uncontrolled populism, and disinformation are polarizing the society and destroying spaces of meaningful and inclusive dialogue. Through the use of technology, authoritarian regimes are not only able to tighten controls domestically but also project their influence internationally. To help democracy survive these challenges, we must enhance the resilience of democracy. Therefore, this year’s program will work with the participants to innovate more inclusive approaches of public participation and encourage more dialogue to break people’s filter bubbles. Also, the program will provide interdisciplinary lectures and workshops to build up participants’ capacity to safeguard democracy.
6th Asia Young Leaders Programme 2019 Details:
- Taiwan Foundation for Democracy (TFD)
- The 6th AYLD will be held at the TFD headquarters in Taipei, Taiwan.
- The duration of the international leadership program is One Week
Popular Leadership Programs and Conferences of 2019, Check out these too:
- Swedish Institute Leader Lab 2019
- ReDefine Next 100 Global Youth Program 2019 in the Czech Republic
- Trust Conference 2019 in London
- Queen’s Commonwealth Trust Scholarship to attend OYW Summit 2019
- The program will be held in August 20th-26th, 2019
- The TFD will cover round-trip airfares to Taiwan (economy class), airport shuttle bus, meals (partial), accommodation, and visa costs for all participants during the program.
- Participants will be reimbursed after the full completion of the program.
- Participants will be given a small stipend in return for submission of a written report of the program.
This program is aimed at practitioners, who work actively to promote democracy and human rights in Asia.
- Applicants can be a policymaker, academic, legal professional, and leader of civil society organizations, such as representatives of political parties, legislative assistants, nongovernmental organizations and the media.
- Preferably applicants should be between the ages of 18 to 35 and have some working experience in the field of democracy and human rights promotion.
- All participants must attend the program for its entire duration.
- The official language of the program is English. Participants should have a solid command of written and spoken English.
- Academic credentials are not a requirement. However, it is crucial that participants have enough knowledge on democracy and human rights advocacy necessary to participate in the program.
- Participants are also required to submit written reports at the end of the program.
How to Apply for 6th Asia Young Leaders Programme 2019?
Please download the application form from the TFD’s website, and submit it with at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must enclose at least two references from organizations or individuals in the field of democracy or human rights. The referees should be familiar with the applicant’s work or have worked with the applicant. The references must be signed and should include the contact information for the referees or their affiliated organizations, and the date of the references should correspond to the year of applying.
Applications must be submitted in Word and PDF file formats. Any other file format will not be accepted.
Fake or incomplete information and late submissions will not be accepted for 2019 international conference in Taiwan.
Applicants usually receive an e-mail notification of acceptance/refusal in June.
- Applications must be received by e-mail before April 30th
Deadline is April 29, 2019