Call for Applications for The 5th ASEAN Foundation Model ASEAN Meeting 2019 in Thailand. The 5th AFMAM 2019 will be running from 4 to 9 July 2019 in Thailand.
The ASEAN Foundation is organizing it’s 5th ASEAN Foundation Model ASEAN Meeting 2019 (5th AFMAM 2019) in Thailand. The 5th AFMAM 2019 targets students of tertiary education level from across ASEAN region to understand diplomacy and how decision makers of ASEAN Member States address regional issues at the various ASEAN meetings. For the first time, “ASEAN Plus” engagement is introduced in the AFMAM as the 5th AFMAM 2019 will involve “ASEAN Plus Australia” mechanisms. If you are selected, be prepared to interact with your Australian fellow delegates in the simulations!
The 5th AFMAM 2019 promises an authentic experience to understand ASEAN affairs and its relations with Australia in an “ASEAN Plus” framework. It is an interactive process where YOU, the students, will role-play various levels of ASEAN and Australian officials engaging in various levels of meeting simulations. It will be an interesting and enjoyable experience!
5th ASEAN Foundation Model ASEAN Meeting Details:
- ASEAN Foundation
Also, Apply for:
- Commonwealth Scholarship to attend One Young World Summit in London
- Trust Conference in the United Kingdom – Fully Funded
- Future Leaders Connect by British Council in the UK – Fully Funded
- Bangkok, Thailand, 4 – 9 July 2019
- Free registration/application
- Round trip air travel from the capital city of the country of origin to the venue in Thailand
- Accommodation and meals
- Exciting and unforgettable lifetime experience with us and your peers from the other ASEAN Member States and Australia
- Enrolled as a student of tertiary education institution taking diploma or undergraduate studies (or equivalent level) from any disciplines at education institutions in the ASEAN Member States when the programme takes place
- Between 18 and 25 years of age when the programme takes place
- English proficient, verbal and written
- Faculty/academic member (lecturer or teaching assistant) of a department or faculty of a tertiary education institution in the ASEAN Member States when the programme takes place
- 25 years old or older on 1 July 2019
- English proficient, verbal and written
Role of Team Advisor
- The focal point of the Team
- Lead and guide the Team
- Advise and coach the Team related to content (possessing general knowledge on issues related to the AFMAM thematic focus)
- Allocate time to participate in two to three online preparatory coaching sessions
- Provide constructive inputs for the improvement of AFMAM
How to Apply for 5th ASEAN Foundation Model ASEAN Meeting 2019 in Thailand?
The application link can be found below. It is suggested that the applicants have all the following information and documents of all Team Members and Team Advisor ready at hand before starting data entry:
- Personal data
- Full face photo in a soft copy
- Letter of recommendation from respective department/faculty/university/education institution for each. This is written in free format on letterhead paper signed by authorized officials of the institution verifying the following:
- For Team Members: name, department, faculty, and the current semester
- For Team Advisor: name and current status at the institution
- List of five most noteworthy personal achievements of each applicant (please share not more than 5 achievements briefly and concisely, do not write a CV!)
- A Team’s essay on “The Role of ASEAN and Australian Youth in Advancing the ASEAN – Australia Friendly Relations” in not more than 500 words.
- The applicants are required to submit a 1.5-minute creative video which introduces each personnel (both Team Advisor and Team Members) along with their respective achievements. Post it at YouTube account of one of the team’s personnel and share the video link in the designated space in the application form.
- Please submit your Team’s application by 18 April 2019, 23.59, Jakarta time. Don’t let go of this golden opportunity of becoming a cadre of future young leaders of ASEAN!
Deadline is April 18, 2019