Call for applications for the 2020 SUSI Women Leaders Summer Exchange Program in the USA. The duration of the SUSI 2020 summer institute is 5-6 weeks. The Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSIs) for Women Leaders will take place at the University of Kansas, from late June to early August 2020.
There is no need for TOEFL/IELTS for the SUSI SUSI Women Leaders 2020. The SUSI 2020 for Pakistani students is a fully-funded international exchange program. This is one of the best short term cultural exchange programs in the world
Students from any field of study can apply for the SUSI 2020. Undergraduate students from Pakistan interested in the topic of Women’s Leadership are invited to apply for participation in the Study of the United States Institute for Women Leaders. The Institute will take place at the University of Kansas, from late June to early August 2020. The program will be intensive, academic, and highly interactive. The program sponsors seek energetic applicants who are ready to develop their skills in order to be effective women leaders in their schools and communities.
Stay in touch and keep visiting our Facebook page Scholarships Corner for live sessions and guidelines about different opportunities. We also share opportunities on our Instagram account on a daily basis. Follow us on Instagram “scholarshipscorner” and Don’t miss any opportunity.
2020 SUSI Women Leaders Summer Exchange Program Details:
- The United States of America
- University of Kansas
- The U.S. Department of State
- 5-6 Weeks
The SUSI 2020 student exchange program is a fully-funded scholarship for Pakistani students.
- Round Airfare
- International and Domestic Travel and ground transportation
- Health & Accidental Insurance
- Visits to different States & Sites
- Visa Fee
What is SUSI 2020?
- Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSIs) for Women Leaders are intensive short-term academic programs whose purpose is to provide groups of female undergraduate leaders with a deeper understanding of the United States, while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills. Institutes consist of a balanced series of seminar discussions, readings, group presentations, and lectures. Coursework and classroom activities are complemented by educational travel, site visits, leadership activities, and volunteer opportunities within the local community. During the four-week academic residency, participants also have the opportunity to engage in educational and cultural activities outside of the classroom.
- The SUSIs on Women’s Leadership will begin with an opening conference in Washington, D.C., tentatively scheduled for late June in 2020. The one-day event will bring together 80 SUSI student leaders and approximately 10 U.S. student ambassadors from the four Institutes. The women will have opportunities to network with one another and meet with inspiring U.S. women leaders.
- The 20 participants in this Institute will then travel to the University of Kansas for their academic residency. A study tour to Chicago, Illinois, at the end of the program and a day trip to Topeka, Kansas, will further illuminate the American experience. Throughout the Institute, participants will visit relevant local women’s organizations and connect with an assigned “mentor,” a woman leader from the local community in Lawrence. They will also be challenged to create a “Leadership for Change” follow-on project that they can implement in their home community.
The eligibility criteria of the 2020 SUSI Pakistan are given below:
- All be females (only)
- Currently enrolled in a public college/university or studying in a private institution on a scholarship/financial assistance.
- If you are enrolled in a two-year bachelor’s program, you are eligible to apply if you are not in your final year of study. Final year students are not eligible to apply.
- If you are enrolled in a four-year bachelor program you can apply if you have at least one semester of study remaining. Final semester students are not eligible to apply.
- Participants must be committed to returning home to complete their degrees.
- Four Year Bachelor Program (Students enrolled in a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th semesters can apply)
- 5 Years Program (Students enrolled in a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th, 8th and 9th semesters can apply)
- have a strong interest in the topic of Women Leadership
- fluent in English
- be between 18 and 25 years of age
- demonstrate strong leadership qualities
- indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States
- have a sustained high level of academic achievement, as indicated by grades, awards, and teacher recommendations
- have demonstrated a commitment to community and extracurricular university activities
- have little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States or elsewhere outside of the home country
- be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive
- be willing and able to fully participate in an intensive academic program, community service, and educational travel
- be comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of home country.
Note: No need for any kind of English Language Test. You don’t need to English Proficiency Certificate too.
How to Apply for SUSI 2020?
Complete an application form and submit it to IslamabadExchanges@state.gov by 11:59 pm on Tuesday, December 10, 2019. Only emailed applications will be considered for review. Take special care in answering the essay questions. While saving the file and e-mailing the application, kindly use the following format for the subject line: Applicant Name, Name of Institution, City in which you study, for e.g., AYESHA KHAN, BAHRIA UNIVERSITY, ISLAMABAD. (This is important, please do not ignore this!)
Click here to download 2020 SUSI Women Leaders Application Form
The Public Affairs Section will contact applicants selected for interviews based on the criteria above, as demonstrated in the application. Interviews will take place in late December at a location specified at a later date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The list of finalists and alternates will be announced by approximately mid-end March 2020.
Selected participants will need to obtain passports and apply for U.S. visas with the assistance of the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy.
Students will receive orientation materials in the weeks prior to the start of the program to help prepare them for the program and their trip to the United States. Participants will have an opportunity to speak with the Public Affairs Section about the program.
- The last date to submit an application for the 2020 SUSI Women Leaders Summer Exchange Program in the USA is December 10, 2019. Participants will travel to the United States for the Institute in the summer of 2020.
Deadline is December 10, 2019