Applications are now invited for the 2020 NPU President Scholarship Program in China. The NPU China Scholarships 2020 is for bachelor, Masters and Ph.D. students. This Chinese scholarship will be taken at Northwestern Polytechnical University.
International Students from all counties can apply for NPU President Scholarship 2020. The students must obey Chinese laws and regulations, the rules and regulations set forth by NPU. The NPU President Scholarship 2019 includes a fully-funded scholarship and partial scholarship.
Many international students have won fully funded scholarships in the past and they are getting full tuition fees, free accommodation, free meals, monthly stipend, Round-tickets, and insurance.
Northwestern Polytechnical University is a National Key University, directed by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the People’s Republic of China, located in Xi’an, Shaanxi, China.
Stay in touch and keep visiting our Facebook page Scholarships Corner for live sessions and different opportunities. We also share opportunities on our Instagram account on a daily basis. Follow us on Instagram “scholarshipscorner” and Don’t miss any opportunity.
2020 NPU President Scholarship Program China Details:
- Northwestern Polytechnical University
- Master’s Degree Program
- PhD Programs
Fields of Study:
- Click here for English Medium Programs
- Click here for Master’s Degree Programs
- Click here for Doctoral Degree Programs
Chinese Government Scholarship (Type A)
- This includes full or partial scholarships for international students in accordance with the educational exchange agreements or consensus between the Chinese government and governments of other countries, institutions, universities or international organizations. It supports undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars, and senior scholars.
- Applicants shall apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study of their home countries.
Chinese Government Scholarship (Type B)
- This is a full scholarship for designated Chinese universities and certain provincial education offices in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. It only supports undergraduates, postgraduate students, and doctoral students.
- Applicants shall apply to the designated Chinese universities undertaking this program.
In order to encourage talented international students’ study at NPU, we set up NPU President Scholarship.
- For the Excellence Prize Winners: Exemption from tuition fee; providing free on-campus accommodation and living stipend (Master student: 2000RMB/month, Doctoral student: 3500RMB/month);
- For the Full prize winners: tuition fees are waived;
- For the Half prize winners: 50% of tuition fees are waived.
The eligibility criteria for NPU Chinese Scholarship 2020 is given below:
1) Nationality & Health condition
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid ordinary passport，and must offer the valid health checklist and the authorized photocopy.
- Applicants must hold a valid passport or valid certificate for at least 4 years and have a two-year record of residence in their country in recent 4 years.
2) Age & Academic background
- Applicants who apply for Master must be under 35 years old and have a bachelor’s degree that has already been recognized by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China.
- Applicants who apply for Ph.D. must be under 40 years old and have a master’s degree that has already been recognized by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China.
3) Applicants should have strong capacity in scientific research
4) GPA requirement:
Applicants should have good academic marks. GPA from previous (latest) school must be:
- 3.0 or above (out of 4.0);
- 3.75 or above (out of 5.0);
- 75 or above (out of 100):
5) Language requirements:
- For Chinese Medium Major: ≥HSK level4 (above 200 points) and HSKK (Intermediate); or native Chinese speakers;
- For English Medium: ≥ IELTS overall 5.5; ≥ TOFEL 75; ≥ GRE 310+3.5; ≥ PTE Academic 55; Cambridge international Advanced level (English subject); or native English speakers.
You must have the following application documents for NPU International Scholarship to study in China:
Application form (auto-generated after the online registration);
- If the student wants to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship, he or she needs to upload the CSC application form as well.
- A clear photocopy of a valid passport;
- Notarized highest diploma (in Chinese / English or notarized translation in Chinese / English);
- Official academic transcript (in Chinese / English or notarized translation in Chinese / English);
- Two letters of recommendation in Chinese / English by Professors or Associate Professors.
- The acceptance letter from the Supervisor;
- The applicant’s study or research plan in China (in Chinese / English);
- Notarized copies of research achievements;
- Language proficiency certificate (please see language requirement);
- Non-criminal record (valid within 5 months).
- Physical examination report
This is the complete video guide by the Alumni of the Chinese Government Scholarship Program. Must Watch.
How to Apply for the Fully Funded Chinese Scholarships 2020?
The online application system is the only acceptable method and is only available before the deadline. Applicants should log in to the online application system at the beginning.
Step 1: Find out the courses that you would like to study and check the enroll requirement:
Step 2: Log in to the application system; pay the application fee online or transfer: Application fee $100 USD or ￥600 RMB; Upload all the documents and payment receipt and finish the online application: through the following website: http://admission.nwpu.edu.cn/en/index
Note：The register account must be your valid E-mail as the admission officer will inform all results of your application to this E-mail.
Step 3: Admission Committee will be organized to review documents of applicants and applicants’ documents will be selected for further academic schools. Applicants will be notified for a further interview by email if they pass the review.
Step 4: Send Admission Notice and other relevant documents. The registration deadline is 31st August 2020 (See the admission notice). If you fail to register within the time limit without the permission of the registration office of International College, you will be forfeited admission into this university.
- The application deadline for 2019 NPU President Scholarship Program in China is May 15th, 2020.