The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) welcomes applications for the 12th ASEF Journalists Seminar 2019 in Madrid, Spain. The fully-funded Seminar by ASEF will be held in on 13-14 December 2019 in Madrid, Spain. ASEFJS12 is a side event of the 14th ASEM Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (ASEMFMM14). Applicants don’t need to pay for anything. There is no application fee and No IELTS/TOEFL is required.
As a primarily training-oriented event, the 12th ASEF Journalists’ Seminar (ASEFJS12) will explore how a trust-based approach to reporting can be adopted and strengthened by media organizations and journalists in Asia & Europe.
The 2-day training-oriented event will bring together young journalists and media professionals from ASEF Partner countries. The program aims to address journalists’ needs and challenges by providing them with the tools needed to tackle disinformation in the digital age.
Through expert trainers’ presentations, panel discussions, case studies from participants’ countries and examination of the latest innovative media tools, participants will acquire the necessary skills to create their own initiatives at home.
Stay in touch and keep visiting our Facebook page Scholarships Corner for live sessions and guidelines about different opportunities
12th ASEF Journalists Seminar 2019 Details:
- The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF)
- Agencia EFE Avd. de Burgos, 8-B. 28036 Madrid, Spain
- 13-14 December 2019
- The event, themed ‘Media Trust & Information in the Digital Age’, is aimed at providing young journalists with the tools needed to thrive in an uncertain media climate.
The Asia Europe Foundation Seminar is fully funded. There is no application fee and the ASEF will cover AirFare Ticket, Local Transportation, Accommodation, Meals, Travel Insurance, and Visa Expenses.
- There are no fees involved. ASEFJS12 is fully funded conference in Spain.
- All participants will receive a travel subsidy in the form of reimbursement after the event, provided all relevant documents are submitted.
- Your travel subsidy also includes travel insurance, expenses related to visa procurement and airport transfers between the port of arrival in Madrid and the conference hotel
- Participants from Asia, Australia, New Zealand & Russia: up to SGD 2,500
Participants from Europe: up to SGD 1,000
- The subsidy will be given only after the complete financial requirements have been met after the event.
- A request for reimbursement of the above costs must be submitted latest 2 weeks after the event. ASEF endeavors to process all requests within 4 weeks of receiving complete documentation.
Accommodation & Meals
- The organizers will provide single-room accommodation for 3 nights (check-in 12 December, check-out 15 December) for all participants.
- All meals will be provided during the program (13-14 December).
|Module 1||Media Trust & Information in the Digital Age|
This module will deal primarily with the challenge of tackling online information disorder (misinformation, disinformation, and mal-information).
|Module 2||Sources & Fact-Checking|
In this module, participants will dive into the tools & methods used in fact-checking, data accuracy, source verification.
|Module 3||Social Media & Digital Content|
Module 3 addresses social media, particularly user-generated content, modified photo & video content, and AI in digital content.
|Case Study & Panel||Exchange of Asia-Europe Values & Experiences|
Participants will be asked to present a project or initiative they have been involved in, based on submissions received before the event.
|Additional Programme||14th ASEM Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (ASEMFMM14)|
The organizers will assist in applying for accreditation for ASEMFMM14 on 15-16 December 2019.
Participants will have the chance to provide media coverage for ASEMFMM14 side events such as ASEM Cultural Festival (#ASEMfest)and 9th Model ASEM.
- be under 35 years old
- be a citizen of an ASEM Partner country
- be currently employed as a journalist or media professional (traditional media, online media, freelance are all eligible)
- have experience and/or projects on the topic of media trust, misinformation, and disinformation
How to Apply for a fully-funded seminar in Europe?
You need to apply online for the ASEF Seminar. Click on the Apply Now button below to proceed to the application for participation.
- Deadline for applications is 16 September 2019. Applicants will be informed of the results from 30 September 2019 onwards.
Deadline is September 16, 2019